Monday, November 25, 2019

6 Lesson I Learned in my Early 20s (5 of 6)



Never Stop Learning

There are higher chances that putting money in business or other investment will be a failure if you don’t invest in yourself first.

You will be scammed or your business will fail because of a lack of preparation and knowledge. It’s like going to battle without basic weapons and proper training.



What are the Benefits of Never Stop Learning?

If you’re always updating your knowledge in your career and business, your value increases. If your value increases, you can charge a premium to your fees.

So if you want to increase your rate or salary, you should never stop learning.



How to Learn Faster?

If you want to learn faster, you should:
  1. Hang out with people 10x bigger than you.
  2. Invest in Books, Workshops, and Online Courses.
  3. Apply what you Learn


1.     Hangout with People 10x Bigger than You

When I’m still an employee, I hang out with people that I want to be like in the future. The majority of them are entrepreneurs and professionals.

Because of that, I gained confidence in myself. “Kung kaya nila, kaya ko din”

Hanging out with them, helps me realized important things that I should learn.

Some of these are Goal Setting, Journalizing, Consistency, Focusing on 1 thing only, Pricing your Products and Services, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and many more.


A.   Join Accountability Groups

Another priceless benefit of hanging out with people 10x Bigger than you are the accountability they give.

Remember the Accountability group, I attended in Pampanga, and the Accountability Group I hosted in Tarlac. This group is called LYL. It Means Live Your Legend.

It’s a monthly or quarterly Meet-up where we motivate one another, share our knowledge, and share our goals.

Believe me, attending this Meet-Up group changed my life.

If you have a problem with execution, you should not miss the opportunity of having an Accountability Group near your area.




2. Invest in Books, Workshops, and Online Courses

If you’re looking for faster ways to learn, I believe that the books, seminars, and webinars are the best investment we can give to ourselves.

For me, books are a bargain, because you can learn the lessons the author learns in his/her life in just a few hours.

If you’re not a reader, you just need to add learning fee, in order to attend seminars where you can ask questions and meet new friends with the same interest.

If you don’t have time, there are online courses that you can watch anytime and anywhere.

If you don’t have money, you can just google things you want to know or watch videos on Youtube.



A.   College Life

During the times when buying a book is expensive for me. I used to borrow books from Robert Kiyosaki from one of my college classmates.

Also, I make use of our school library. In our library, I saw and read books of Stephen Covey, Dale Carnegie, Napoleon Hill and many more.

As you can see, this is my way of learning even If I only have little money.


B.   Work Life

Now that I’m working, I can buy books like buying a coffee. When I have time, I travel just to attend seminars about taxes, accounting, and business.

When it comes to online courses, I just enrolled in 16 online courses last year. I’m sharing you this in case you’re interested to know how I learn.




 3. Apply What You Learn

Applying or teaching what you learn from People and Books are the last ingredient to learning faster. An example of this is applying to a job or company where you can use what you learn in school.

If you're an accounting graduate, look for work that is related to your course.

In my experience, no matter how many things you learn, you will forget that if you’re not applying it in real life.

If you don’t use it, you will lose it.


What To Do Next?

1. Share this if you know someone who will benefit from this blog.

2. Comment your answer:

 What will you do to learn faster?

No comments:

Post a Comment