Sunday, November 24, 2019

6 Lessons I Learned in my Early 20s (1 of 6)


Know What You Want in Life ASAP

For me, it’s important to know what you want in life As Soon As Possible.

Knowing what you want in life is like having a map of where you want to go. If you don’t know where you are going, you might end up in a career or situation that you don’t like.

Having a map doesn’t guarantee that you will not be lost. But the probability that you can get to your destination faster is higher compared to the person who doesn’t know where they want to go.

Believe me. If you already know what you want in life, you can make lots of good decisions.


What I Did After Graduation?

I envision the kind of companies I want to work in. Beginning with the end in my mind, I submit my resume to accounting firms only.

This is to lessen the choices I need to make and to avoid the temptation of giving up on my dreams in exchange for attractive compensation by bigger companies.

After suffering lots of rejections, I got accepted as a Jr. Accounting Associate by one of the quality Accounting Firms in Pampanga.

This is my first formal job. And I will be forever grateful to my boss and my colleague for the things I learned from them.


What To Do Next?

1. Share this if you know someone who will benefit from this blog.

2. Comment below:
  • What Do You Want to Achieve before you hit the 30s? 
  • Is the job or the actions you make today, lead you to where you want to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment